Wednesday, July 30, 2008

New Fabric Design

I have been working on a new fabric design, I am unable to get my supplies to create my screen printed fabrics yet. So I whipped out the old lino cutting tools, I have always wanted to create a basic leaf print but felt that it wouldn't be unique enough for people to show an interest...but I just had to do it!!! I was inspired by this print (below) that I carved in my first year at uni (4 years ago) out of Masonite.




I printed this set last week with black block printing ink and then filled each one in using water colours.

So from the inspiration above I created basic lino prints that could be used in a repetitive pattern.











They are printed on pieces of fabric I had here, I would like them to be on a green fabric maybe...After I heat set my first runs I wrapped them in cushions to see how they would look...I think they look great, I am doing more so I will see what happens with them in the future.

I also Printed them onto some tea towels






The images aren't as clear as I thought they were going to be, but you get the idea.
Comments or Suggestion??

No comments: